Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Simon says use pink and brown


This week over at Simon Says they are having a challenge to use the colors pink and brown. I love that color combo so I had to give it a go! This week Teri Beri was kind enough to send me some sweet Tilda images! :) I love exchanging images with people. It lets me try out a stamp a few times before I decide if I want to make the investment. Ya know how some stamps you just know you will love to use over and over and others you just are not sure about? Well, thats how I was with these Tildas cause I just wasn't sure if I would be able to get their faces right. I'm not super happy with her face but it will do. I had a hard time getting her checks to look right. Anyway, here is my pink and brown card! Enjoy

Anyone else out there with a rebel xti camera? I am getting so frustrated. I know I need to do more research but i'm not super happy with my photos. I think i need a micro lens where I can get in closer...but i'm not sure. Any words of advise?

4 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

Your card is very pretty!! I love that Tilda too!!! Thank you for participating in the Simon Says Challenge! Good luck in the draw!!
Chris & the Simon Says team!!

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card. can't help @ the lense.. i think i need one of those myself.. mmmmm. lots of money though.. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

great card, and hang in there with your photography, it is hard

Sonya said...

What has helped my craft photography a lot was to use a photo "tent" (was soo bad before, researched tips) or what I am using now, that is so much easier is just a mock "tent" set up on my craft table and I used my ott light for lighting, and then take down. The set up is easy, I use two pieces of white 12 x 12 cardstock, one for the back and bottom. The sides are white 12 x 12 box lids proped up. There is no top as I position my light as needed, it has a swing articulated arm. I use the macro option on my little cannon cheapo camera. Then I recently downloaded the free Picasa editing software, easy editing.